I love this season so much! I'm very excited to cook them.
Simmered KABOCHA squash is one of my favorite Japanese traditional food. I even eat this twice in a week! I love this simple and healthy recipe so much!!!
It's a savory and sweet combination with DASHI.
I recommend you to try with good DASHI soup stock. You can feel UMAMI.
|KABOCHA NO NIMONO|
＊＊Ingredients＊＊ 4 servings
Handful KATSUOBUSHI Bonito Flakes
500g Japanese Squash KABOCHA (Cleen seeds
25ml USUKUCHI Soy Sauce
2 TBSP Sugar
1. Put Water and KONBU in a pot, and Boil it. Remove from the heat. Add KATSUOBUSHI Bonito Flakes.
2. Strain the DASHI stock through a strainer.
3. Partially Peel the Skin off. Cut KABOCHA into 2 inch Chunks.
4. Put DASHI stock, KABOCHA (Skin side down), soy sauce and sugar in a pot. Cover with a lid. Then Bring to a boil over low-medium heat. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until KABOCHA is tender. (Don't over cook.)
5. Check whether cooked or not piercing with a toothpick. Ready to eat!